FACEBOOK and other forms of social media tell one big lie after another.
Not much different than Hollywood….this one question will shield you against their harmful effects.
Profiles on Purpose…those living On Top of the World…where every they are!
Today…meet Lashanna Williams, Founder of the Seattle Cuddle Club. Lashanna is living on purpose, she’s living her purpose.
Walking by Diane’s cooking school every night with her 125 pound American Bulldog, Zoe knew we would have a great time @ Diane’s Market Kitchen.
I couldn’t have known that I’d make such an acquaintance as Diane…YOU simply have to hear her story!
Half a Dozen Don’ts…for Happy Living!
Sometimes in life, it’s not only what you DO…that will make you happy and lead to a fulfilling life; it’s also what you DON’T DO!
Here are a half a dozen DON’TS to live by:
1. Don’t Complain ~ and yes, we are listening and we DON’T want to hear it. Look around, look for what’s right in your life and celebrate that.
2. Don’t Aim Too High ~ as Og Mandino said, “Let your reach exceed your grasp.” However, if your making minimum wage currently, and you set a goal to be a millionaire in 12 months; you will likely be setting yourself up to fail. When you don’t reach that outlandish expectation, you will feel depressed and end up worse off than you started. Rather, set aims and goals that are beyond where you are, and incrementally will take you to where you want to go.
3. Don’t Blame your circumstances ~ as George Bernard Shaw said, “The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them.”
4. Don’t Worry about what “They’ll” say ~ Fear of Criticism will only hold you back from attempting, trying and ultimately doing what you were put here on this EARTH to accomplish. You were born with a purpose, if you allow fear of criticism to stop you from pursuing that purpose, you lose, and the World Loses right along with you.
5. Don’t Settle ~ for low standards: of living, of giving or of life! Raise your standards.
6. Don’t Quit ~ you might need to change course along your journey, but keep moving forward. To quote Rocky Balboa: “That’s how winning is done! Keep moving forward!”
Whatever else YOU DO, Don’t forget ~ YOU were put here for a reason and YOUR still here for a reason!
May this find you living ~ On Top of the World!
How do you know the sun will rise in the east tomorrow?
Because it did yesterday…and for 10,000 years before?
You can’t prove it…all you can do is draw conclusions based on experience.
Sounds like an assumption to me.
- What? Oh…its science you say?
So you’ve used a scientific method to prove what’s happened in the past and you now predict…assume….this is an indicator of future results? You make this and 1,000 other assumptions every day.
Truth is…these kinds of assumptions help you live a life free of worry; will the sun rise in the EAST? Will Spring follow winter? Will the Majority of Drivers stay on their side of the yellow line?
Be careful about assumptions you make about others…and especially what your capable of.
YOU are far more capable then you might assume ~ Assuming that is…that you want to live on top of the World.
Of course they got the job…it’s not what ya know…it’s who ya know! Right?
Well….sort of. Ben Stein said, “Personal relationships are the fertile soil from which all advancement, all success, and all achievement in real life begins.”
- Yes…it is who you know. But, do you like everyone you know? And do they like YOU?
Is knowing enough? Or…does it come down to who knows you, and do they like and trust you? Simply knowing you doesn’t make you a shoe in for the position, referral or recommendation. What are you doing to develop personal relationships?
- It’s like the best marital advice I’ve ever heard: 100/100
A successful relationship takes both parties giving 100%. Are you giving to those closest to you? What about people you meet? Do you look for what you can get out of a relationship? Or do you look for ways to give?
Yes it’s who you know…and What they know about YOU!
Your relationships will take you to the Top of the World.
Are you a Story Teller?
What’s that? Easy for me with a name like Story! Maybe. The reality is that YOU are a story teller.
- Every day…you tell yourself and the world a story.
In the way you live, in the things you say, or don’t say. What you do for a living…or what you don’t do for a living.
What you start…or fail to start. Everything you do tells a story about your life. When you decide not to start that side business, because: in this economy? That’s a story.
Sure, I’d love to be married…but look around, anyone decent is already taken. That’s a story…and as long as you keep telling it, that will be the story of your life. As long as you’re telling a story, and you are – why not make it a good one?
A story you want to hear…a story you want to live.
What is the Story you are living? Does it match your heart’s desire? Yes? GREAT! IF not…then spin a new yarn.
Tell a tale that gets you excited about today…and leaves you on the edge of your seat for tomorrow. Your new story will take you…to the top of the World.